This weekend's construction consists of several closures and lane restrictions all over the Valley.
Due to rain last weekend, the construction for I-10 was moved to this weekend. The Arizona Department of Transportation is creating that work zone for a future South Mountain Freeway Interchange. Drivers should consider alternate routes, use caution and allow extra travel time for the following restrictions:
· Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 75th and 51st avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 25) for work zone setup related to the future South Mountain Freeway interchange near 59th Avenue. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd and 79th avenues also closed. Expect heavy traffic. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including northbound/eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) to I-17 in north Phoenix.
· Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 25) for lane striping. Both Loop 101 ramps to westbound Loop 202 closed. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time. Alternate routes include westbound US 60 west of Loop 101.
· Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between Verrado Way and State Route 85 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Feb. 25-26) for lane striping. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes. Note: Westbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at Watson Rd closed 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Sunday and westbound off- and on-ramps at Miller Rd closed 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sunday (times approximate).
· Grand Avenue (US 60) restricted to one lane in both directions near 99th Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 26) for intersection resurfacing. 99th Avenue also closed in both directions at Grand Avenue. DETOUR: Expect heavy delays. Alternate routes include Peoria Avenue or Thunderbird Road and 103rd Avenue.
· Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Power and Higley roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 25) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Westbound US 60 on-ramp at Sossaman Road closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound US 60 ahead of closure and using Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Higley Road.
· Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Higley and Greenfield roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Feb. 26) for traffic-flow detector installation. Westbound US 60 on-ramps at Power Road and Superstition Spring Boulevard closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound US 60 ahead of closure and using Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Greenfield Road.
· Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 26) for construction. Southbound I-17 also narrowed to two lanes between Van Buren Street and 19th Avenue. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including Interstate 10 in the downtown Phoenix area.
· Westbound/Southbound Loop 101 frontage road closed between 75th Avenue and Beardsley Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 27) for utility work. Southbound Loop 101 off-ramp to Beardsley Road and Union Hills Drive also closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including westbound Deer Valley Road to southbound 83rd Avenue.
· Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 25) for maintenance. DETOUR: Consider exiting to eastbound Baseline Road and using northbound Priest Drive to access US 60.