Expect closures, restrictions and delays on US 60, Loop 202 (Santan/Red Mountain freeways), I-17 and I-10 at various times over the weekend. Most clear by Sunday and won't impact your Monday morning commute.
The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends that drivers should consider alternate routes, use caution and allow extra travel time for the following restrictions:
· Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Gilbert Road and Stapley Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (March 4) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Westbound US 60 on-ramps at Greenfield Road and Val Vista Drive closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound US 60 ahead of closure and using Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Stapley Drive.
· Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed at Stapley Drive from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (March 5) for traffic-flow detector installation. Westbound US 60 on-ramps at Val Vista Drive and Gilbert Road closed. DETOUR: Westbound US 60 traffic will detour along off- and on-ramps at Stapley Drive.
· Northbound Loop 202 (Santan/Red Mountain freeways) closed between Guadalupe Road and University Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (March 4) for lane striping. Both US 60 ramps to northbound Loop 202 closed. Northbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Elliot Road closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including northbound Sossaman or Ellsworth roads.
· Southbound Loop 202 (Santan/Red Mountain freeways) closed between University Drive and Elliot Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday (March 5) for lane striping. Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 202 closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including southbound Sossaman or Ellsworth roads.
· Interstate 17 closed briefly at times in both directions between Anthem Way and New River Road from 2 a.m. to noon Saturday (March 4) and from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday (March 5) for APS overhead power line work. Each rolling closure will last up to 15 minutes. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared for slowing or stopped traffic.
· Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane between Adams Street and Interstate 10 (Stack interchange) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday (March 5) for construction. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including westbound Interstate 10 in the downtown Phoenix area. Note: Southbound I-17 left lane closed in same area.
· Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to southbound State Route 85 closed from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday (March 4) for lane striping. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound I-10 to southbound Miller Road and using westbound Broadway Road to reach SR 85. Northbound SR 85 ramp to westbound I-10 also closed from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday (March 4). DETOUR: Consider using northbound SR 85 ramp to eastbound I-10, exiting at Miller Road and turning at interchange to use westbound I-10 on-ramp. Note: Westbound I-10 also narrowed to one lane between Miller Road and SR 85.