Expect closures on parts of at least four freeways this weekend (September 25-28) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory as it appears on the official site:
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between Deer Valley and Jomax roads from 2 a.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Monday (Sept. 28) for pavement resurfacing as part of interchange reconstruction project. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Detour: Allow extra travel time. Consider alternate northbound routes leading to State Route 74/Carefree Highway to connect with I-17 north of closure. Drivers in the West Valley should consider using northbound Loop 303 to I-17. Northbound I-17 traffic exiting to eastbound Deer Valley Road will detour on northbound 19th Avenue and westbound Jomax Road to return to I-17. Please use caution in work zones.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 28) for lane striping. Both US 60 ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Guadalupe Road and westbound US 60 on-ramp at Alma School Road closed. Northbound Loop 101 ramps to US 60 will be open.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes including northbound Price frontage road, McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to one left lane Price Road and McClintock Drive in the Chandler area from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 28) for pavement improvements. Southbound Loop 101 ramps to east- and westbound Loop 202 closed. Southbound Loop 101 HOV lane ramp to eastbound Loop 202 will remain open. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Price Road and McClintock Drive closed. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Ray Road and off-ramp at Price Road closed.
- Detour: Alternate routes include westbound Chandler Boulevard or northbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60 to reach I-10.
- Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 28) for widening project.
- Detour: Northbound SR 51 traffic can exit to westbound Union Hills Drive and use northbound Seventh Street to access westbound Loop 101.
- Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane in both directions between Loop 303 and Jomax Road in the Surprise area from 11 p.m. Saturday to 4 p.m. Sunday (Sept. 27) for pavement sealing. Cross streets in the area will remain open at Grand Avenue except for short closures while sealant is applied.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramp to southbound State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) closed overnight from 8 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 26) for maintenance.
- Detour: Consider exiting eastbound Loop 202 to southbound 40th Street and using eastbound Washington Street to reach SR 143.
- Peoria Avenue closed in both directions approaching I-17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 28) for storm drain construction. I-17 on- and off-ramps at Peoria Ave closed. Plan on I-17 frontage road closures in the area.
- Detour: Drivers can exit or enter I-17 via Dunlap Avenue or Cactus Road and use 19th or 35th avenues for north-south travel.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!