There will be a total of three closures on two freeways this weekend, June 26-29, for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. There may also be ramp or lane restrictions, as well.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, directly from their site:
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between State Route 51 and Cave Creek Road in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 29) for widening project. Northbound SR 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 also closed.
- DETOUR: Westbound Loop 101 traffic can travel south on SR 51 to westbound Union Hills Drive and use northbound Seventh Street to reach Loop 101. Drivers on northbound SR 51 can exit to westbound Union Hills Drive and connect with westbound Loop 101 via northbound Seventh Street.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Warner Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 29) for diamond grinding to smooth pavement. All Loop 202 ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Price Road closed.
- DETOUR: Traffic can detour along northbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include northbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between I-10 and Kyrene Road in Chandler from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (June 27) for maintenance of traffic flow sensors. All I-10 ramps to eastbound Loop 202 closed.
- DETOUR: Drivers can consider using eastbound Chandler Boulevard to southbound Kyrene Road to connect with eastbound Loop 202 beyond the closure.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!