PHOENIX — Closures are scheduled for parts of Loop 101, I-17 and Loop 202 South Mountain this weekend (February 19-22), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here's ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official website:
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) and Seventh Street from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 22) for widening project (pavement diamond grinding). Northbound SR 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 closed. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Cave Creek Road closed.
- Detour: Expect heavy traffic, delays and consider alternate routes. Westbound Loop 101 traffic can detour on southbound SR 51 and exit to westbound Union Hills Drive before using northbound Seventh Street to access Loop 101. Westbound Loop 101 drivers also can consider exiting at northbound 56th Street or Tatum Boulevard and using westbound Deer Valley Drive to southbound Seventh Street. Northbound SR 51 traffic can exit to northbound Black Mountain Boulevard and use westbound Deer Valley Drive to southbound Seventh Street.
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between the I-10 “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Seventh Avenue and southbound I-17 closed between Durango Street/19th Avenue and Seventh Street from 5 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 22) for bridge work. Both I-10 ramps to southbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange near McDowell Road closed. Southbound I-17 on-ramps at McDowell Road and Grant Street closed.
- Detour: Drivers can detour on I-10 in the downtown Phoenix area to avoid the I-17 closures. Southbound i-17 traffic exiting at Durango Street/19th Avenue will be detoured to eastbound Buckeye Road.
- Note: The I-17 closures will allow crews to conduct a traffic shift for the bridge reconstruction project at Central Avenue.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) off-ramp at Buckeye Road closed from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 20) for construction.
- Detour: Consider using other nearby off-ramps including Lower Buckeye Road.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!