Expect closures on I-17, Loop 202 and Loop 101 this weekend, November 13-16, for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Other Valley freeways have scheduled lane restrictions.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official site:
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Seventh Street and Cave Creek Road in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 16) for widening project. North- and southbound I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 also closed.
- DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic and delays. Consider alternate routes to avoid closure. Eastbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Seventh Street can detour along Beardsley frontage road.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed at Jefferson Street (south of I-10) near downtown Phoenix from 8 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 15) for bridge repairs. East- and westbound I-10 ramps to southbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at McDowell Road closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 35th Avenue closed.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound I-10 in the downtown Phoenix area. Southbound I-17 traffic exiting at Jefferson Street can detour along southbound frontage road.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and I-10 in Chandler area from 8 p.m. Friday to 1 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 15) for lane striping. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Alma School Road closed.
- DETOUR: Alternate freeway routes include northbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) to reach I-10. Local alternate routes include westbound Ray Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between I-10 and Kyrene Road in the Chandler area from 3 a.m. Saturday to 1 p.m. Sunday (Nov. 15) for overhead utility line work. All I-10 ramps to eastbound Loop 202 closed. Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramps to I-10 will remain open.
- DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including eastbound Ray Road or Chandler Boulevard. Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) drivers who want to travel east of I-10 should consider alternate routes including eastbound Chandler Boulevard.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes overnight between Guadalupe and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday nights (Nov. 15-18) for pavement repairs.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching the traveling through work zones.
- State Route 347 narrowed to one lane in either direction overnight in areas between I-10 and Hathaway Avenue in the Maricopa area from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Friday nights (Nov. 15-Dec. 24) for pavement maintenance. Work will take place within 3-mile segments each night.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in all work zones while crews are sealing pavement cracks.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!