Several sections of Loop 101 will close this weekend (August 14-17) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the website:
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Baseline and Broadway roads from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 17) for pavement improvements, including diamond grinding of concrete surface. US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Guadalupe Road closed. Westbound US 60 on-ramp at Alma School Road closed.
- Detour: Traffic can detour on northbound Price frontage road or consider using northbound Dobson Road or McClintock Drive.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Road and State Route 51 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 17) for widening project. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Seventh Street closed. Northbound SR 51 ramps to Loop 101 will remain open.
- Detour: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound SR 51.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between Scottsdale and Hayden roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 15) for widening project. Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between Hayden and Scottsdale roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 16).
- Detour: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down when approaching and traveling through work zones.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at 56th Street closed until mid-October starting at 9 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 16) for reconstruction as part of widening project.
- Detour: Drivers can use either westbound Deer Valley Drive or Mayo Boulevard to Tatum Boulevard to access westbound Loop 101.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!