It's going to be a beautiful weekend to get out and explore Arizona! Just make sure to avoid some of these road closures listed by ADOT:
· Northbound Interstate 17 closed between 19th Avenue and McDowell Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 17) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. Van Buren Street also closed in both directions at I-17 for bridge work. Southbound I-17 left lane closed between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes due to heavy northbound I-17 traffic. Alternate routes include westbound I-10 in the downtown Phoenix area. Northbound I-17 traffic should expect delays when detouring on frontage road or 19th Avenue. Consider using Thomas or Camelback roads for local east-west travel near I-17.
· Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday (April 15) for overhead sign installation. Both US 60 ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Both northbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) also closed. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Elliot and Guadalupe roads closed. DETOUR: Northbound Loop 101 traffic can detour on northbound Price frontage road and reconnect with Loop 101 via the northbound on-ramp at Rio Salado Parkway. Consider using northbound Rural Road, McClintock Drive or Dobson Road as alternate routes to connect with Loop 202.
· Interstate 10 closed in either direction overnight between Sarival Avenue and Perryville Road (near Loop 303) from 9 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday (April 15) for bridge work. DETOUR: Traffic will use local detour routes, including McDowell Road for westbound travel. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and use caution when approaching the work zone.
· Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to three lanes between McDowell Road and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (April 16) for overhead sign installation. Southbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 closed (both directions). DETOUR: Consider alternate routes to access Loop 202, including eastbound McDowell Road to southbound Alma School Road or westbound McDowell Road to southbound McClintock Drive or Scottsdale Road.
· East- and westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed at times (left and/or right lane closures) near Rural Road from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (April 15-16) for underground utility work. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones.