Several closures and lane restrictions will take place on Valley freeways for improvement projects this weekend (November 1-4), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between 35th and 67th avenues in west Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 4) for work on the Loop 202 Congressman Ed Pastor Freeway (formerly South Mountain Freeway) interchange. Both Interstate 17 ramps to westbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue also closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including northbound I-17 to westbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Westbound I-10 drivers also should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local detour routes, including westbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Note: Westbound I-10 drivers in the Tucson/Casa Grande area with no plans to stop in Phoenix can avoid closure by detouring on westbound I-8 in Casa Grande to northbound SR 85 to reach westbound I-10 in Buckeye.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed at Power Road in southeast Mesa from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 3) and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday (Nov. 4) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Traffic will detour by using the eastbound Loop 202 off- and on-ramps at Power Road.
- Hayden Road in Scottsdale and 19th Avenue in Phoenix closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 4) for widening project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes.
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed to two lanes (right lanes closed) between Stapley and Val Vista drives from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 2) for pavement improvements. Eastbound US 60 on-ramps at Gilbert Road and Stapley Drive closed. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while ramps are closed
- Northbound Interstate 17 ramps to Loop 101 (both directions) closed overnight from 11 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov. 4) for guardrail repair. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Union Hills Drive, Yorkshire Drive/Utopia Road or Deer Valley Road, while the ramps are closed.
- Westbound Chandler Boulevard closed overnight at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 2) and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday (Nov. 3) for bridge work as part of widening project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including westbound Ray Road.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!