Expect closures across The Valley on I-17, I-10, Loop 101, SR 51 and Loop 303. The biggest closure is for I-17.
You noticed the closures last weekend. That will continue for a stretch of I-17 in the southbound direction this weekend as crews continue an Arizona Department of Transportation project to add a new layer of smooth, rubberized asphalt to the freeway.
Here are the details for each closure:
· Southbound Interstate 17 closed between Dunlap Avenue and Camelback Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 27) for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Peoria Avenue closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 and southbound State Route 51. Expect heavy delays on southbound I-17 frontage road or 27th Avenue. Note: Northern and Glendale avenues and Bethany Home Road narrowed to one lane in both directions at I-17. No left turns allowed from north- or southbound I-17 off-ramps at Northern Avenue or Bethany Home Road due to pedestrian-fence work on overpasses.
· Eastbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe closed overnight from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday (March 25) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at State Route 143 and Broadway Road closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound Baseline Road to northbound Priest Drive to access eastbound US 60.
· US 60 (Superstition Freeway) left two lanes closed in both directions between Country Club and Mesa drives from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Sunday (March 26) for barrier-wall repairs. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zone.
· Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Warner Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday (March 25) for sign installation. All Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Price Road closed. DETOUR: Drivers can detour along northbound Price frontage road.
· Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) right two lanes closed between University Drive and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (March 26) for sign installation. Southbound Loop 101 ramps to US 60 (both directions) closed. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramps at University Drive and Broadway Road plus off-ramp at Southern Avenue closed. DETOUR: To access US 60 consider exiting southbound Loop 101 at Broadway Road and using southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
· Northbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) off-ramp at Highland Avenue closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 27) for city of Phoenix pavement work. DETOUR: Consider using northbound SR 51 off-ramps at Indian School or Bethany Home roads. Note: Northbound SR 51 off-ramp at McDowell Road closed overnight from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday (March 25). Consider using northbound off-ramp at Thomas Road.
· Loop 303 closed intermittently (up to 15 minutes each time) in both directions near Thomas Road in Goodyear from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (March 26) for APS overhead power line work. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time.