Buckle up! There will be several closures this weekend on our Valley freeways, including I-10, I-17, Loop 101, Loop 303 and more.
Here is the weekend travel advisory from the Arizona Department of Transportation:
- Eastbound I-10 closed between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 12) for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour to southbound I-17 at the Stack and reconnect with I-10 at the “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor Airport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 13) for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Southbound SR 51 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramp to westbound I-10 will remain open but traffic must exit I-10 at Seventh Street and use alternate routes, including westbound McDowell Road to Seventh Avenue. Traffic using the westbound Sky Harbor Boulevard exit to westbound I-10 or the westbound I-10 on-ramp at Washington Street will be limited to traveling to northbound SR 51 or eastbound Loop 202. Southbound I-17 ramp to westbound I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport closed. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic can detour to northbound I-17 at the Split and reconnect with I-10 at the Stack interchange north of Van Buren Street.
- Westbound I-10 closed at Estrella Parkway in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday(Jan. 12) for overhead sign installation. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Bullard Avenue closed. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Estrella Parkway.
- Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane overnight between 43rd and 59th avenues from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 14) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes between 67th and 59th avenues from 8 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday (Jan. 14). DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 in the West Valley.
- Eastbound I-10 closed at Citrus Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (Jan. 13) for overhead sign installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road closed. Both Loop 303 ramps to eastbound I-10 also closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes. Traffic exiting I-10 at Citrus Road can use eastbound McDowell Road to southbound Sarival Avenue to reach eastbound I-10.
- Eastbound I-10 closed overnight at Perryville Road from 8 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 14) for overhead sign installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Jackrabbit Trail closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes. Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Perryville Road.
- Westbound Loop 101 ramp to northbound I-17 in north Phoenix closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 12) for freeway lighting maintenance. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound Loop 101 to northbound 19th Avenue and using westbound Deer Valley Road to reach northbound I-17.
- Southbound Loop 303 ramp to westbound I-10 in Goodyear closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 12) for barrier wall repairs. DETOUR: Consider exiting southbound Loop 303 to westbound Thomas Road and using southbound Cotton Lane to westbound McDowell Road before entering westbound I-10 via Citrus Road.
For more information,