The Arizona Department of Transportation has multiple construction projects going on this weekend that may impact your travel plans, including the road between Superior and Miami.
On their website, ADOT reported the following closures and restrictions:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between Avondale Boulevard and 99th Avenue in the West Valley from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 13) for asphalt removal. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Litchfield and Dysart roads also closed.
- Detour: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including eastbound Van Buren Street or McDowell Road. Traffic exiting eastbound I-10 at Avondale Boulevard can travel south to eastbound Van Buren Street before re-entering I-10 beyond the closure.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed between 19th Avenue/Durango Street and Seventh Street south of downtown Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 13) for bridge work.
- Detour: Consider using eastbound I-10 through the downtown Phoenix area to avoid I-17 closure. Southbound I-17 traffic exiting at Durango Street will detour to northbound 19th Avenue and can use eastbound Buckeye Road.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between 56th Street and State Route 51 in the north Valley from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 13) for pavement sealing as part of widening project. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Scottsdale Road and 64th Street also closed. Allow extra travel time and expect heavy traffic.
- Detour: Local traffic should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes including westbound Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard/Bell Road to northbound SR 51. Drivers exiting at 56th Street can detour on local streets, including westbound Deer Valley Drive to southbound Cave Creek Road or Seventh Street to reach Loop 101 beyond the closure.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor Airport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 12) for tunnel lighting maintenance. Southbound SR 51 and westbound Loop 202 ramps to westbound I-10 closed. Other westbound I-10 on-ramps in the area, including the ramp from Sky Harbor Boulevard, either closed or restricted. Plan on using alternate routes.
- Detour: Westbound I-10 traffic approaching the Split near Sky Harbor Airport will detour to northbound I-17 and can reconnect with I-10 at the “Stack” interchange north of Van Buren Street.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between Lone Mountain Parkway and El Mirage Road in the north Peoria area from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 13) for work to shift traffic to new freeway lanes. Southbound Loop 303 also narrowed to one lane between Lake Pleasant and Lone Mountain parkways.
- Detour: Drivers can exit westbound/southbound Loop 303 to southbound Lake Pleasant Parkway and use southbound 99th Avenue to westbound Bell Road and westbound Grand Avenue (US 60) to reach Loop 303 beyond the closure.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) right three lanes closed overnight between Van Buren Street and McClintock Drive in the Tempe area from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday and Monday nights (Sept. 12-13) for pavement maintenance. Eastbound Loop 202 on- and off-ramps in the area closed during the overnight work.
- Detour: Alternate routes include McDowell Road.
- US 60 Travel Note - Globe region: A five-day closure of US 60 between Superior and Miami starts late Sunday night (Sept. 12) for work to align the highway with the new Pinto Creek Bridge.
- Detour: US 60 traffic can detour through Winkelman via state routes 77 and 177. Drivers should consider alternate routes and allow plenty of extra travel time when US 60 is closed between Superior and Miami from 10 p.m. Sunday to approximately noon Friday (Sept. 17).