Law enforcement departments across Arizona need to fill hundreds of positions — from civilian positions to patrol officers.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Director Frank Milstead, Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams and Sheriff Paul Penzone are expected to hold a news conference Monday about the need to fill vacancies and their efforts to increase diversity.
The news conference will be ahead of a large law enforcement career fair on Saturday with more than a dozen departments.
The career fair will be at:
Northern Arizona University
15451 N. 28th Ave. in Phoenix
Saturday, October 21
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The following agencies are participating:
- AZ Department of Corrections
- AZ Dept. of Juvenile Corrections
- AZ Department of Public Safety
- Chandler Police Department
- Coconino County Sheriff's Dept.
- Customs & Border Protection
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Flagstaff Police Department
- Gila River Dept. of Corrections
- Mesa Police Department Glendale Police Department
- Maricopa County Adult Probation
- Maricopa County Juvenile Probation
- Peoria Police Department
- Phoenix Police Department
- Scottsdale Police Department
- Tucson Police Department
- United States Air Force
- Yavapai County Sheriffs