Labor Day travel: 4 trends from AAA Arizona

PHOENIX -

Before saying “Sayonara, summer,” many Arizonans will say “Hello, holiday,” this Labor Day weekend.

To develop an understanding of Labor Day travel intentions among Arizonans, AAA conducted a social media poll that uncovered the following four travel trends:

Should I stay or should I go? The majority of Arizonans surveyed (64 percent) plan on traveling over the upcoming holiday weekend. “I already took a vacation this summer” was cited as the most common reason for the 36 percent who are not planning a trip.

Keepin’ it real … close to home. Nearly three out of four respondents (74 percent) planning to travel will stay in-state versus leaving Arizona (26 percent).

Couples retreat. With the school year back in full swing, Labor Day tends to be more popular among parties of two (53 percent).

The great outdoors is calling. Spending time outdoors tops the list of Labor Day activities (70 percent), followed by dining out (53 percent) and indoor recreation, such as museums and shopping (23 percent).

Tipsy Tow returns for last summer holiday
To help Arizonans send off summer safely, AAA is offering Labor Day Tipsy Tow service. Service will start at 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 4, and will run through 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5. During the service period, drivers, passengers, party hosts, bartenders and/or restaurant managers can call 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357), state that they need a “Tipsy Tow,” provide the driver’s name, home address, phone number and vehicle/driver location.

Tipsy Tow provides a free 10-mile tow and ride home for the driver, their vehicle and one passenger. For mileage beyond this, motorists are charged a standard towing rate. The service does not include roadside assistance.

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ