Drivers are urged to plan accordingly this weekend due to several road closures along State Route 51.
Oct. 28 - 29, crews will be working on a pavement-improvement project, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Drivers should consider using Interstate 17 or Loop 101 as an alternate route.
Here is a full list of closures:
- SR 51 northbound will be closed from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, between the Interstate 10 mini-stack interchange to Loop 101 in north Phoenix. Crews will be applying an oil-based treatment to refresh the pavement. The ramps connecting I-10 to Loop 202 to northbound SR 51 will also be closed.
- Pavement-improvement work will begin Saturday on the north end of the northbound stretch of SR 51. Sections of the freeway will reopen in stages.
- Southbound SR 51 will be closed from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 29, between Loop 101 in north Phoenix and the I-10 mini-stack south of McDowell Road. All Loop 101 and Black Mountain Boulevard ramps to southbound SR 51 will be closed.
- Pavement-improvement work will begin on Sunday along the south end of the southbound stretch of SR 51. Again, crews will work in sections and reopen the freeway in stages.
- ADOT will provide updates of freeway progress on social media and on azdot.gov.