Have you ever wanted to escape reality? Now you can with this virtual reality camp, celebrating STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)!
VR Junkies off Mill Avenue has summer camps for kids and teens ages 9-15. Each participant will build their own mini computer called "Raspberry Pi" that's powerful enough to stream Netflix! They will also learn how to do computer coding, build a YouTube channel, and most importantly, have fun.
VR Junkies refers to their facility as an arcade, just a newer-age version. In fact, they claim it is the largest virtual reality arcade in Arizona. The virtual reality gaming space is completely open for the participants to actually move their entire bodies, getting the cardio in to keep them active.
There is a half-day camp option and a full-day camp option. The half-day option costs $200, and the full-day options costs $400, but those prices will be cut in half with our Smart Shopper Deal of the Day. You'll pay $100 and $200, respectively. There is a two-week limit for how long your kids can go to camp for that rate. You have until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday night to book. The arcade will be closed to customers during the camp sessions.
If you book online, click here, and use the following promo codes:
ABCHalfOffHalf = $100 off half day camp (REGULAR COST $200)
ABCHalfOffFull = $200 off full day camp (REGULAR COST $400)
IF YOU GO
414 S Mill Ave Suite 120
Tempe, AZ 85281
Here's everything the virtual reality summer camp entails:
Join us for a one-of-a-kind virtual reality STEM summer camp experience! Here at VR Junkies AZ your children will:
- Learn computer programming with the Raspberry Pi platform
- Experience the future of gaming
- Code games and mods
- Build a take-home stealth computer
- Produce YouTube videos
- Create technology-based projects
- Visit historical locations and natural wonders
- Participate in E-sports
- Explore sandbox virtual reality games like Minecraft VR
- Get insider tips and tricks and much more!
- Children 9-15 years old
Half day and full day sessions available:
- Morning Session: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Afternoon Session:1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Full Day Session: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with lunch from 12:30 - 1 p.m. A fridge will be available for lunches.
Optional drop-off and pick-up:
- Early-bird drop-off: As early as 8 a.m.*
- Late pick-up: As late as 5:30 p.m.*
*Extra fees apply