Whether you're looking to go trick or treating or out to a Halloween party, you should save some cash by getting creative instead of buying a costume. I did what you'll probably do, and I searched the internet to find quick, easy and cheap DIY Halloween costumes.
Here's some inspiration for you!
On Good Housekeeping, you'll see the cost for ideas like:
- Wearing an animal mask with a balloon or party blower to become a "Party Animal".
- Become "Holy Guacamole" by wearing a halo and/or wings and by sporting a green shirt with a drawn avocado.
- Dressing up as an Instagram photo or filter!
- Being an emoji!
- For two people: one wears a green shirt, and the other wears a shirt with the word "envy". Then, you're "green with envy!"
- Grab a loaf of bread and wear medals. Then, you become the "bread winner!"
- Get a group of girlfriends together, wear an apron with spice names on it, and you're a different kind of "spice girls."
- Show that you're a "smart cookie." Wear your graduation gown, and add cookies to it!
- If you don't really feel like dressing up, get a shirt and put on text saying, "404 Error- Costume Not Found."
- Have one person dress up as Bob Ross, and another as a "happy tree"!
- Wear some tropical clothes, add some boxing gloves, and you're "tropical punch!"
- Be a "blessing in disguise" by wearing a shirt that says "blessing", and a disguise!
- "She sells sea shells" by wearing sunglasses and a trench coat full of shells.
- Rock a sparkly dress and some roses, and you'll pose as the next Bachelorette.
- If you're super creative, transform yourself into a pop art character.
- Be an Instagram photo, and choose whatever filter is your favorite.
On Woman's Day, I saw some other great ideas!
- Take an orange shirt, draw or wear a pumpkin and the symbol of Pi. Then you can be "pumpkin Pi."
- Wear a shirt that says "go ceiling", add some pom poms, and you can be a "ceiling fan!"
- Dress in all white, add a yellow circle to look like an egg. Wear devil horns and a tail, and you're a "deviled egg!"
- Wear fake lint and dust with bunny ears, and you're a "dust bunny!"
- Attach "Smarties" candies to your pants, wear a bowtie and some glasses, and you're a "Smarty Pants!"
- Get a pig nose and wear a blanket. Voila, a "pig in a blanket!"
Country Living has a couple others that stood out to me:
- Have a "chip on your shoulder" by wearing a chip on your shoulder!
- Be a cactus! Just add some yarn or pokey things to a green dress, and a tulle flower, and you'll have people stuck on you!
On Seventeen, there are so many playful ideas:
- Be the "Queen of Hearts" by wearing the deck!
- Don't joke about drawing a "stick figure". Be one instead!
- So sweet- be a "Hershey's Kiss" or "Candy Dots!"
And, of course, Pinterest has a ton of ideas! I saw the idea of putting mini cereal on a red-stained shirt with utensils through the boxes. That makes you a "cereal killer." I also saw the idea of putting Peeps on a magnet made out of cardboard. That makes you a "chick magnet."