When a holiday comes around, sales tend to follow. Labor Day is no different! So, let's break down what deals you should look out for and what you should avoid.
WHAT TO BUY:
- Mattresses: We usually see big sales during Memorial Day, but there are very competitive offers available right now.
- Save up to 40% off appliances
- Patio Furniture
- Laptops and computers: These are best during Black Friday sales, but there may be some spectacular finds, as back-to-school deals combine with Labor Day deals.
- Cars: September is typically when the newest models of cars become available, and that means dealerships need to make room on their lots.
- DealNews reports that there may be some solid clothing sales to check out, but I've also heard, as Offers.com reports, that now is not the time to buy fall clothing. So, do some research before you snag a new wardrobe.
WHAT TO AVOID:
As for what to avoid, and as previously mentioned, wait on fall clothing (unless there's a spectacular sale) and Halloween decor. Offers.com encourages you to also wait for toy sales until the holiday season, but I've heard there will be some great toy sales, especially at Target. Again, just research before you buy.
If you do plan to buy mattresses, check out RetailMeNot's article on the 19 best mattress offers available right now.
WHICH STORES ARE OPEN OR CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY:
RetailMeNot also breaks down which stores will be open or closed for Labor Day.
THE BEST LABOR DAY SALES:
Click here to see the best Labor Day sales happening right now, according to RetailMeNot.
RESTAURANTS OFFERING DEALS FOR LABOR DAY:
Restaurants want to celebrate with you too! RetailMeNot put together a list of nearly 30 restaurants offering deals for Labor Day.
Happy saving! Please be safe!