Family displaced, firefire treated for heat illness after Glendale house fire

Posted at 3:03 PM, Jun 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-25 18:03:38-04

A water heater fire that sparked Saturday has forced a family out of their home.

Glendale firefighters responded to a home near 51st and W. Peoria avenues. Fire officials said a water heater in an apartment on the second floor caught fire.

Flames spread to the attic before firefighters were able to get everything under control.

The family will be displaced, and one firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of heat-related issues.

Officials did not immediately have an estimate of the damage caused by the fire.