GLENDALE, AZ — Four people and two dogs suffered injuries after a homeowner in Glendale tried to remove a beehive they found in their shed Sunday.
Glendale fire officials said the homeowner found the beehive and tried to remove it on their own but eventually called 911 after being stung by bees.
Authorities said two adults and two children under the age of six were involved in the bee attack.
One of the adults drove themselves to the hospital for further treatment and is believed to be in stable condition, fire officials said. The children are reported to be doing fine.
Both dogs are in critical condition and are being treated at their local veterinary office.
Firefighters used foam to control the swarm of agitated bees for the safety of the neighborhood.
The fire department asks the community to call a professional beekeeper to handle this type of situation.