Kids hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure

Posted at 8:35 AM, Apr 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-02 13:54:00-04

An eight-year-old and a four year old child have been taken to the hospital along with their mother after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning. 

It happened at a home in San Tan Valley early Saturday morning. All three are in stable condition.

The Pinal County Sheriff's Office says the mother came home around midnight Friday night and accidentally left the car running in the garage. An uncle who also lives at the house turned the car off Saturday morning, and opened the windows before going to work.

When the mother woke up, she allegedly noticed the children suffering the effects of the carbon monoxide and that's when she called 911.

Deputies are investigating the incident, and no decision has been made on whether any charges would be filed.

Stay with ABC15 and for more on this developing story.