MESA, AZ — Whether you take your Christmas decorations down the day after the holiday or weeks after, you’re probably going to need a place to take your tree.
Cities around the Valley are taking trees and recycling them at your convenience.
Here's what you need to know before you go:
- All nails, tinsel, stands, ornaments and lights must be removed before recycling
- Flocked trees are not accepted
- Wreaths are not accepted with trees due to metal wiring that can damage recycling equipment
- Make sure your tree is well secured to your vehicle
The City of Phoenix Public Works Department has drop-off locations through January 6, 2019:
- Deer Valley Park - 19th Ave. and Utopia Rd.
- Paradise Valley Park - 40th St. south of Union Hills Dr.
- Sereno Park - 56th St. and Sweetwater Ave.
- Cactus Park - 38th Ave. and Cactus Rd.
- Mountain View Park - Seventh Ave. south of Peoria Ave.
- North Gateway Transfer Station - 30205 N. Black Canyon Hwy. (Dixileta exit)
- Marivue Park - 59th Ave. and Osborn Rd.
- Washington Park - 23rd Ave. and Maryland Ave.
- Madison Park - 16th St. and Glenrosa Ave.
- Los Olivos Park - 28th St. and Devonshire Ave.
- Desert West Park - 67th Ave. and Encanto Blvd.
- El Reposo Park - Seventh St. and Alta Vista Rd.
- Mountain Vista Park - 50th St. just north of Ray Rd.
- Desert Foothills Park - Desert Foothills and Chandler Blvd.
- Cesar Chavez Park - 35th Ave. and Baseline Rd.
- 27th Avenue Transfer Station - 3060 S. 27th Ave.
For more information, click here.
Free drop-off sites in Mesa, which are open 24 hours a day through January 20, 2019, are located at:
- Fitch Park, 651 N. Center St. (enter off of 8th St.)
- East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road
- Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe St.)
- Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
Other disposal options:
- Salt River Landfill at Gilbert Road and the Beeline Highway, open 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday through the end of January. Mesa residents will need a current driver's license to enter.
- Curbside pickup available for $23.04. Call 480-644-6789 to schedule a pickup time or go online to MesaRecycles.org.
- A to Z Equipment Rentals and Sales at 4050 E. Indian School Rd. or 15634 N. 32nd St. will take one tree per household. They are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Wednesday, Dec. 26 to Sunday, Jan. 6, and are open until noon on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31. They are closed New Year's Day.
- The "I Recycle Phoenix" festival will recycle trees from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 at Christown-Spectrum Mall behind the Walmart.