Motor home goes up in flames at Mesa gas station, no injuries reported

Posted at 3:27 PM, Apr 16, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-17 08:38:08-04

A motor home is seriously damaged after it caught fire at a Mesa gas station on Sunday afternoon.

Mesa Fire and Medical crews responded to a Circle K near Crismon and Broadway roads after receiving reports about a blaze.

When authorities arrived to the scene, flames were seen coming from an RV parked at a gas pump, a fire spokesperson said.

The fire was quickly put out but the awning overhead did also catch fire, officials said. 

No injuries were reported and the fire did not extend to the store.

According to authorities, the motor home backfired and ignited fumes around the pump. A gas station attendant was able to use an emergency shut-off valve to keep the fire from extending around the property.

An investigation is ongoing.

Stay with ABC15 and for the latest updates.