A man suffered serious injuries after he was rescued from an apartment fire in Mesa on Monday morning.
Mesa fire said they rescued the man from a smoke and fire filled apartment near Gilbert Road and University Drive.
The man was airlifted to Maricopa Integrated Health System after suffering burn injuries and smoke inhalation.
Crews frm @GilbertFireDept asst in apt fire w/ 1 man w/ serious injuries. FF/medics rescued man frm smoke & fire filled apt nr Unvsty/Glbrt pic.twitter.com/Opuzq7oatL
— Mesa Fire & Medical (@MesaFireDept) October 2, 2017
Fire officials believe the fire started on the stovetop and was cooking related.
The fire was contained to one unit which will most likely be a total loss, according to fire officials.
Stay with ABC15 and abc15.com for updates on this developing story.