NewsSoutheast Valley NewsMesa News


FD: Mesa family hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning

Mesa family hospitalized after CO poisoning
Posted at 8:28 PM, May 16, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-17 01:41:47-04

MESA, AZ — Authorities say three family members were rushed to the hospital after they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide Saturday night.

Mesa firefighters say they originally responded to a drowning call near Lindsay Road and University Drive and when they arrived, they found two people drinking in a closed garage with a running car.

The two family members in the car, along with several family members in the home, suffered from carbon monoxide exposure after CO levels in the house raised, officials say.

A 28-year-old man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition while crews treated and transported two other family members.