Instead of throwing your Christmas tree away, if you live in Gilbert or Mesa, take it to one of the following locations starting Saturday.
Before recycling, be sure to clean the tree of ornaments, tinsel, stands, lights and all other decorations.
- Paws & Claws Care Center, 725 E. Baseline Ave. through Feb. 7
- Prospector Park, 3015 N. Idaho Rd. through Feb. 7
- A to Z Equipment Rental and Sales: 803 E. Van Buren (Dysart and Van Buren) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on Sunday and New Year's Day
- Hetchler Park (Gilbert Youth Soccer Complex): 4260 S. Greenfield Rd. Hours: 5:30 A.M. to 10:00 P.M., 7 days a week until January 10
- Nichols Park: 700 N. Higley Rd. (SW corner of Higley and Guadalupe Roads) Hours: 5:30 A.M. to 10:00 P.M., 7 days a week until January 10
- Gilbert's Household Hazardous Waste Facility: 2224 E. Queen Creek Rd. Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Wednesdays and Fridays; 7:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. on Saturdays until January 10
- A to Z Equipment Rental and Sales: 1313 E. Baseline Rd. Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Saturday. Exceptions - 12/31/15 from 9 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. ONLY and closed 1/1/16 for New Year's Day until January 2
- Public Works North: You can also take live 15-gallon or larger potted trees to the Public Works North maintenance yard to be replanted in Gilbert parks. The maintenance yard is located at 658 N. Freestone Parkway. Call 480-503-6262 for more info.
Take your natural Christmas tree to any of the following 24-hour drop-off sites:
- Fitch Park, 651 N. Center St. (enter off of 8th St.)
- East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Superstition Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Road
- Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe St.)
- Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
If you do not wish to recycle, the Salt River Landfill at Gilbert Road and Beeline Highway will be open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday through the end of January.
- A to Z Equipment Rental and Sales: 4050 E. Indian School Road (40th Street and Indian School) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on Sunday and New Year's Day
- A to Z Equipment Rental and Sales: 15634 N 32nd Street (Bell Road and 32nd Street) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on Sunday and New Year's Day
- A to Z Equipment Rental and Sales: 1313 E. Baseline Road (Stapley and Baseline) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed on Sunday and New Year's Day
- Deer Valley Park, 19th Avenue and Utopia Road
- Paradise Valley Park, 40th Street south of Union Hills Drive
- Sereno Park, 56th Street and Sweetwater Avenue
- Cactus Park, 38th Avenue and Cactus Road
- Mountain View Park, Seventh Avenue south of Peoria Avenue
- North Gateway Transfer Station, 30205 N. Black Canyon Hwy. (Dixileta exit)
- Marivue Park, 59th Avenue and Osborn Road
- Washington Park, 23rd Avenue and Maryland Avenue
- Madison Park, 16th Street and Glenrosa Avenue
- Los Olivos Park, 28th Street and Devonshire Avenue
- Desert West Park, 67th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard
- El Reposo Park, Seventh Street and Alta Vista Road
- Mountain Vista Park, 50th Street just north of Ray Road
- Desert Foothills Park, Desert Foothills and Chandler Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Park, 35th Avenue and Baseline Road
- 27th Avenue Transfer Station, 3060 S. 27th Avenue.
- Gaines Park 15837 N. Nash St. (north end of the parking lot) until January 17
- Surprise Recreation Campus 15795 N. Parkview Pl. (across from Valley Vista High School) until January 17
- Surprise Farms Softball Park 17894 Westpark Blvd. (parking lot on corner of N. Willow Canyon Rd. & W. Surprise Loop Dr. South) until January 17
- Asante Community Park 16763 W. Vereda Solana Dr. (parking lot at the north end of the park) until January 17