Woman hospitalized after Chandler house fire

Posted at 2:40 PM, Apr 10, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-10 20:20:52-04

A woman was hospitalized after a fire in her garage and home Sunday.

Chandler firefighters say they arrived to a home near the Loop 101 and Elliot to find fire in the garage and attic.

The flames did severe damage to the house, causing the woman to be displaced for "an extended period of time," firefighters said.

The flames were contained to one home, though officials said the amount of items inside made it hard to put everything out.

The woman was transported to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Investigators did not immediately have an answer for how the fire started or an estimate of the damage.