NewsSoutheast Valley NewsChandler News


Firefighters: Infant, four others stung by bees at Chandler Fashion Center

Posted at 5:36 PM, Sep 14, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-15 20:18:04-04

CHANDLER, AZ — Firefighters say five people were stung by bees at the Chandler Fashion Center near the Loop 101 and Chandler Boulevard on Saturday.

Officials say a 6-month-old was stung several times. It was not clear how many times the other people were stung.

A Chandler Fire Department spokesman said crews found the hive and were working to contain the bees. Police said the bees were in the Macy's parking lot.

Chandler fire says the 6-month-old was hospitalized as a precaution. It's unclear if the other individuals stung had to be hospitalized.

Further details were not immediately available.