15 home in Chandler were evacuated Saturday stemming from a gas leak in a neighborhood.
Multiple fire stations were called to the area of Chandler Boulevard and Kyrene Road on Saturday afternoon.
15 homes evacuated in Chandler - Kesler Ln/Twelve Oaks Blvd due to natural gas leak. No injuries. Southwest Gas trying to determine source pic.twitter.com/0GgabbJqki
— Raquel Cervantes (@RaquelABC15) October 1, 2016
Southwest Gas said Sunday morning that all the evacuations were lifted, although at least five homes wee evacuated overnight.
Authorities were initially called to the area about a shrub fire, officials said. However, after multiple attempts to put out the flames firefighters discovered the gas leak.
No injuries were reported but an investigation is ongoing.