Phoenix Fire Department responded to a hazardous material spill Saturday morning.
According to the fire department, two males came across Mercury in an alley near 49th Drive and Indian School.
The men called 911 after the liquid splashed after attempting to dispose of it.
The hazardous material teams and other appropriate resources were on scene and contained the spill quickly.
Fire say the young men were checked for any exposure and were released at the scene.
No evacuations were necessary.
Phoenix fire say there is no cause for concern to the community.