News

Actions

Phoenix Fire Dept: 1 dog dead after fire sparks at PHX home

Posted: 2:14 PM, Sep 11, 2016
Updated: 2016-09-12 01:50:13-04

A dog is dead after a house fire in Phoenix on Sunday morning, a Phoenix Fire spokesperson said.

Firefighters were called to a home near 43rd Avenue and Indian School Road after receiving reports about heavy smoke coming from a house.

A husband and wife were able to make it out safely, but one of their three dogs did not survive, a spokesperson said.

According to the Phoenix Fire Department, it is believed that the blaze started in a bedroom.

No other injuries were reported but the couple is displaced due to heavy smoke and water damage inside the home.

An investigation is ongoing.