NewsPhoenix Metro NewsWest Phoenix News


Phoenix FD: Man hospitalized after being stung by bees in a palm tree

Posted at 6:35 PM, Nov 19, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-20 00:10:18-05

A man has been hospitalized after getting stuck in a palm tree and stung by bees.

The Phoenix Fire Department says the incident happened around 5:45 p.m. Monday near 83rd Avenue and Indian School Road.

Phoenix firefighters had to use a ladder truck to rescue the man, who had been trimming the palm tree when he was pinned by falling fronds.

It's unclear how many times the man was stung. 

Phoenix fire first reported the man as being in critical condition but he's now expected to survive.