PHOENIX — A fire that sparked at a west Phoenix Panda Express started while workers were prepping food.
Authorities say firefighters from Phoenix, Tolleson and Glendale responded to the fire just after 8:00 a.m. Thursday near 75th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
While crews were enroute, the emergency call was bumped to a working fire after multiple people reported flames shooting from the roof.
Workers inside reported the fire started while they were in the kitchen area prepping the day’s meals.
Firefighters were able to get hold of the flames once they arrived and it did not spread to any other structures.
Video from Air15 showed several firefighters use a ladder to create a vent in the roof of the building to help control the fire.
Everyone was able to get out safely and no firefighters were hurt.
The restaurant is expected to be closed until further notice.