Authorities say a Phoenix mother will be put on trial for child abuse after her infant was found dead in her home.
Thursday, the Department of Child Safety released information in connection with the July 2015 death of 2-month-old Logan Schall.
Firefighters were called to an apartment near 35th Avenue and Thunderbird Road after the child was found with blue lips and no pulse. Crews tried to revive him, but it was too late.
The Medical Examiner's Office ruled the child died of a meth overdose. His mother, Rebecca Gerow, admitted to police she smoked meth the day before her child was found dead.
When investigators searched her home, they found syringes in the bed of the master bedroom, right next to the infant's pacifier and baby blanket.
A 6-year-old was also in the house at the time.
DCS investigated Gerow in 2011 for allegations of abuse, but the claims could not be substantiated.
Her trial is set to begin in two weeks.