News

Actions

Phoenix house fire leaves two pets dead from smoke inhalation

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KNXV.png
Posted at 1:29 PM, Sep 22, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-22 16:37:38-04

Phoenix fire responded to a garage fire in north Phoenix on  Thursday afternoon.

Crews say the fire started near Sweetwater Avenue and Cave Creek Road in a garage and quickly spread to a two-story house.

Fire says the homeowners were nearby at the time and were able to escape without injury. However, two of their four dogs passed away from smoke inhalation.

The three members of the house have been displaced due to damage.

Phoenix fire will be investigating.