A dog is dead and 12 people are displaced after a fire broke out at a north Phoenix apartment complex.
The blaze sparked at an apartment complex near 12th Street and Union Hills Drive around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
According to a fire spokesperson, four apartment units suffered significant damage during the second-alarm fire.
Part of a roof partially collapsed as well as the floor, officials said. One firefighter fell through the floor but is expected to be OK.
Due to the burn damage, firefighters fought the flames defensively, a fire spokesperson said.
No injuries were reported during the incident, however, one dog was found dead inside of a unit, authorities confirmed.
A unit on the second floor was deemed a total loss. A second unit also suffered significant damages. While units on the first two floors suffered water damage, smoke and fire damage were minimal.
A dozen residents are being assisted by the Phoenix Crisis Response Team. An investigation is ongoing.
Stay with ABC15 News and abc15.com for the latest information.