PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department's hazardous materials crew investigated what was thought to be an explosion at a Maryvale post office after a package spilled an unknown chemical onto three workers.
According to the Phoenix Fire department, they arrived at a post office near Campbell Avenue and Maryvale Parkway for reports of a chemical spill. However, after investigating, officials determined the chemical spill "turned out to involve a shattered glass bottle of acetone, which is used in nail polish remover," according to the Associated Press.
"Workers at the post office reported a package that had exploded spilling an unknown chemical and exposing three employees," according to fire officials.
The three employees exposed are in stable condition and had "mild complaints," fire officials told the Associated Press.