Valley law enforcement officials are going to be looking out for drunken drivers this New Year's Eve.
DUI enforcement checkpoints will be set up throughout the state, including several right here in the metro area.
Valley residents are urged to avoid hitting the roads, and instead take advantage of some of the free transportation options. AAA will offer its annual Tipsy Tow service, and Valley Metro will also have bus, light rail and Dial-a-Ride services free of charge.
Main locations for DUI checkpoints are set to be located on University Drive and Glendale Avenue, but officials will be at the following locations, according to the Governor's Office of Highway Safety:
- 2212 E. Bell Rd., QT Parking Lot
- 2710 W. Thunderbird, QT Parking Lot
- 8233 N. 7th St., QT Parking Lot
- 2700 W. Thomas, QT Parking Lot
- 1610 E. Highland, QT Parking Lot
- 3443 S. Central, Southern Command Lot
East Valley DUI Task Force:
- 1340 E. University Dr., Tempe
West Valley DUI Task Force:
- 11550 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale
Pinal County DUI Task Force:
Gary/Hunt Hwy., Casa Grande, Florence and Picacho Peak
Salt River Police Department:
- 4915 N. Pima Rd.