NewsPhoenix Metro NewsCentral Phoenix News


Valley homeowner claims dogs were poisoned

Posted at 7:02 PM, Nov 28, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-28 21:02:29-05

A man says his two Corgi puppies were poisoned at his Phoenix home.  

Mike Dyer posted flyers with the claims in the McMurry neighborhood which sits between 12th Street and Bethany Home Road.

He told ABC15 that Sparky and Carly both randomly became sick about a month ago. First it was Carly. The pup experienced vomiting, lethargy and hair loss. Eventually, Dyer said, Carly was put down. Then, almost two weeks later, Sparky started to experience the same symptoms. Sparky was also put down.  

Dyer claims a veterinarian told him that Carly had high levels of ibuprofen in her blood. Sparky had antifreeze in his system. That led Dyer to believe that someone must have poisoned the dogs when they were in his backyard.  

"I would raise holy hell on them. It would be awful. I just feel so sad for the gentleman and his family," said neighbor Jo Gallagher.  

Dyer posted the flyers so that he could warn other neighbors and also ask for help identifying the alleged attacker. However, he has not filed a police report. He told ABC15 he and his family have been grieving too much in the past month and a half.