PHOENIX — Beginning next month, anyone entering a Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport facility will be required to wear a face covering to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
On Wednesday, aviation officials announced that beginning June 1, employees and customers of facilities including terminals, the Rental Car Center, Sky Train and airport buses will need to have their face covered. The move is in line with major airlines, the TSA, rideshare companies, and other airports across the country requiring the coverage of noses and mouths.
Exceptions to this requirement include:
• Children two years of age or younger
• Any child age 12 years or less unless parents and caregivers supervise the use of face coverings, or any individual who has a physical disability that prevents easily wearing or removing a face covering
• Any individual who is hearing impaired and uses facial and mouth movements as part of communication, or it is necessary for communicating with an individual using facial and mouth movements to share information
• Individuals consuming food or beverages
• Individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a documented medical condition
• When necessary for identification verification purposes
• When necessary for taking photographs for Aviation Credentialing/Security Badging purposes
Some airport retailers are selling face coverings with more options to be added soon, but travelers, employees and other visitors are encouraged to bring their own masks.
Travelers will be reminded to give themselves plenty of time when they come to the airport, practice physical distancing at all times, frequently wash their hands, and use a mobile boarding pass when possible.
The airport has also implemented a more rigorous cleaning and sanitizing schedule.
Read their latest coronavirus response information here.
Earlier this week, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport announced its safety modifications, including mask rules.
Airport staff members are required to wear masks in the terminal, and Allegiant Air will be providing Health Safety Kits to all travelers on-board that includes a mask, gloves and sanitary wipes.
Gateway has also increased cleaning and sanitizing, placed floor markings to promote social distancing, reduced seating and more.