News

Actions

10 people displaced after Phoenix house fire

Posted at 9:29 PM, Dec 26, 2015

Ten people were displaced Saturday night after their home caught fire in South Phoenix, fire officials said.

The family noticed smoke inside their house on S. 5th street, near Baseline Road and South Central Ave, around 8 p.m. when they called 911. Everyone was able to get out safely, but the home was deemed unsafe for the night, so they had to stay with family members who live in the area, officials said.

Fire crews believe the fire, which started in the attic, may have been caused by an electrical issue.