The public can weigh in on zoning amendments and possible tax incentives for a potential theme park in Casa Grande Wednesday night.
The developer, Block Sport Group, wants to build Dreamport Villages which would include a large amusement park, an extreme sports park, a hotel, a planned community and more.
At a special meeting on Wednesday night, Casa Grande City Council will consider rezoning the proposed land and also tax incentives.
According to a report prepared by Applied Economics LLC, the project would be on 1,500 acres between Interstate 8 and Interstate 10.
Phase I of the project would include:
- A 100,000 square-foot indoor waterpark with 40,000 square feet of restaurant, meeting and entertainment area and a 300-room hotel (Minimum Improvements)
- A Welcome Center
- A Wildlife Experience park with an associated 300-room hotel
- An Extreme Motor Sports Park and Adventure Zone arcade
- A 210,000 square foot retail and office mixed-use zone
- A 300-space RV park
- 250,000 square feet of 3rd party retail and a 200-room extended stay hotel
- 10 full-service restaurant PADs
Phase II of the project would include:
- A 600-unit timeshare condominium development
- An outdoor waterpark and an additional 300-room hotel
- An expansion of the Wildlife Experience park and an additional 300-room hotel
- 750,000 square feet of retail space
- A 300,000 square foot office tower
- A movie studio
- A family coaster park
- A Ski-Snow Park
- An event center with bowling, a movie theater, interactive sports zone, food court, restaurant and convention space
- 30 full-service restaurant PADs
- A 200-room extended stay hotel and 1,200 additional full-service hotel rooms
- 200 single family homes
The developers says the project would attract more than four million visitors per year and supply more than 15,000 jobs.
The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at the council chambers at 510 E. Florence Blvd.