There will be big closures on I-10, Loop 101 (Pima) and I-17 this weekend that may impact your travel.
The closures are crucial to know for some events in town this weekend, including possible incoming traffic to the U.S. Men's National Team vs. Panama - International Friendly soccer action at State Farm Stadium, as well as possible outgoing traffic from the WWE Royal Rumble at Chase Field. For those traveling up north and expecting to use I-17, you will most likely need an alternate route.
Here are the freeway restrictions posted by the Arizona Department of Transportation:
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between 51st and 67th avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 28) for bridge work at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange work zone. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 27th, 35th and 43rd avenues also closed. 59th Avenue closed in both directions at the I-10 overpass. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including westbound and southbound Loop 101 in the West Valley. While westbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street will serve as local alternate routes, drivers on westbound I-10 should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using other westbound routes to limit delays.
- Loop 101 closed in both directions between Interstate 17 and Seventh Avenue in north Phoenix from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 27) for overhead utility line work. Loop 101 frontage roads also closed in the area. Northbound and southbound I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Bell Road, Union Hills Drive and Deer Valley Road, to travel beyond the Loop 101 closure. Local frontage road access will be maintained for homeowners in the area, but delays are possible.
- Eastbound I-10 closed at Estrella Parkway in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday(Jan. 26) for installation of traffic-flow sensors. Northbound and southbound Loop 303 ramps to eastbound I-10 closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Estrella Parkway. Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including McDowell Road or Van Buren Street.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed at Perryville Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 27) for overhead sign installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Jackrabbit Trail closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Perryville Road. Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including McDowell Road or Van Buren Street.
- Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Baseline Road closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 27) for lane-striping maintenance. Eastbound I-10 right lane near Baseline Road also closed. DETOUR: While on-ramp at Baseline Road is closed, consider using southbound Kyrene Road or southbound 48th Street to Elliot Road to access eastbound I-10.
Click here to see the advisory.
Happy travels, and have a safe weekend!