Interstate 10 is closing in three separate locations for weekend construction, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Expect delays through Phoenix, Chandler and Tempe this weekend due to the scheduled closures for improvement projects. Loop 101 will also have lane and ramp restrictions in place during various times and locations throughout the weekend.
Be sure to give yourself extra travel time, and use the detours below. Click here to see a map.
- DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour on eastbound US 60 to southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and westbound Loop 202 (in Chandler area) to access eastbound I-10 beyond closure. Consider other alternate routes including eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway).
- Weekend closures of the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Ray Road and eastbound off-ramps to Loop 202 will start at 10 p.m. Friday.
- Note: Through travelers on eastbound I-10 west of State Route 85 who don’t require a stop in the Phoenix area can avoid eastbound I-10 closures by detouring on southbound SR 85 in Buckeye area to eastbound I-8 to reach I-10 in the Casa Grande area.
- DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour to southbound I-17 starting at the Stack interchange and access I-10 at the “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Southbound I-17 traffic approaching this closure can continue south on I-17 to connect with eastbound I-10 near the airport.
- DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic can detour on northbound I-17 and access westbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange north of Van Buren Street.
- Note: Southbound SR 51 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound Sky Harbor Boulevard ramp to westbound I-10 (to exit airport) and the westbound I-10 on-ramp at Washington Street restricted with only access to northbound SR 51 and eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway).
- Westbound Loop 202 ramp to westbound I-10 will remain open, but traffic must exit I-10 at Seventh Street. Drivers can then detour west on McDowell Road to southbound Seventh Avenue to access I-10 beyond closure.
- DETOUR: Drivers should allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes, plus slow down and stay alert in work zones.
- Note: Seventh Street closed in both directions at Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 12). Alternate routes include Seventh Avenue or Cave Creek Road.
- DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to use adjacent ramps when others are closed.
Click here for more details.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!