There will be two separate closures on eastbound I-10 this weekend for improvement projects, along with other lane restrictions, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here's what the ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory states;
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 51st avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Sunday (April 7) for bridge work at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic, consider alternate routes and allow extra travel time. Alternate routes include northbound and eastbound Loop 101 in the West Valley. Eastbound I-10 traffic exiting at 67th Avenue can detour along eastbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. NOTE: Eastbound I-10 drivers planning to travel beyond the Phoenix area can consider exiting to southbound State Route 85 in Buckeye and then using eastbound I-8 to reach I-10 in the Casa Grande area.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between Wild Horse Pass Boulevard and Riggs Road south of Chandler from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday (April 7) for pavement improvements. Westbound Loop 202(Santan Freeway) ramp to eastbound I-10 also closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes. Eastbound I-10 traffic exiting at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard will detour to southbound Maricopa Road, State Route 347 and eastbound Riggs Road to connect with I-10.
- Pecos Road closed in both directions between Interstate 10 and 40th Street in the Ahwatukee area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 8) for Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction. All I-10 ramps to or from Pecos Road also closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Chandler Boulevard.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) off-ramp at Kyrene Road in Chandler closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (April 6) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including the eastbound Loop 202 off-ramp at McClintock Drive. Drivers can then use the McClintock interchange to enter westbound Loop 202 to access Kyrene Road.
- State Route 587 south of Chandler narrowed to one lane between Hunt Highway and Interstate 10 from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (April 6) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: A pilot vehicle will escort traffic through the area. Please allow extra travel time or consider an alternate route.
Click here for the full advisory.
Remember, the closure on I-10 eastbound between 67th and 51st avenues could cause delays for events happening in the Valley. So, plan ahead. Have a safe and wonderful weekend!