There will be restrictions on parts of I-10 and Loop 202 Santan Freeway this weekend (May 10-13), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Improvement projects will require closures or lane restrictions along several freeways.
ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory has the following alerts:
- Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 27th, 35th and 43rd avenues will be closed.
- DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including Loop 101 west of I-17. Drivers on westbound I-10 can consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate westbound routes, including McDowell Road.
- NOTE: Westbound I-10 traffic in the Tucson region traveling beyond Phoenix can avoid this weekend’s westbound restrictions by detouring to westbound I-8 near Casa Grande and using northbound SR 85 to reach I-10 in Buckeye.
- The southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Loop 202 in Chandler closed.
- DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time. Alternate routes include northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) US 60 (Superstition Freeway) as well as Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway). Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will remain open between Interstate 10 and Loop 101.
- NOTE: Crews will work to reopen sections of Loop 202 in stages as the work progresses over the weekend.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound Yuma Road, Van Buren Street or McDowell Road. If a ramp is temporarily closed, plan on using a ramp at an adjacent interchange.
- DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound Yuma Road, Van Buren Street or McDowell Road. If a ramp is temporarily closed, plan on using a ramp at an adjacent interchange.
- DETOUR: Consider exiting northbound SR 51 to westbound Union Hills Drive and northbound Cave Creek Road to access westbound Loop 101.
Have a safe weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!