Expect a closure of Loop 101 in north Phoenix, as well as other restrictions on parts of I-10 and Loop 202 Red Mountain this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation's Weekend Travel Advisory states the following:
- Eastbound Loop 101 closed between Seventh Street and Cave Creek Road in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 4) for placement of temporary barrier and lane-stripe adjustments as part of a freeway widening project. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 19th and Seventh avenues also closed. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 will remain open, but drivers should expect heavy traffic and avoid the area if possible. DETOUR: Expect traffic backups and delays. To limit delays, consider using detour routes, including eastbound Union Hills Drive or Deer Valley Road. Eastbound Loop 101 drivers exiting at Seventh Street should expect heavy delays. Eastbound freeway traffic will detour along Beardsley frontage road before returning to Loop 101 at Cave Creek Road.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes between 31st and 59th avenues in west Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday (March 3) for overhead sign work as part of Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange construction. DETOUR: Please use caution in work zone. NOTE: Eastbound I-10 narrowed to one lane overnightnear 59th Avenue from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (March 3-7) for bridge work. Allow extra travel time.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes between Litchfield Road and Avondale Boulevard in the West Valley from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (March 2) for work zone setup as part of new Fairway Drive interchange project. DETOUR: Please use caution in work zone.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes between 99th Avenue and Dysart Road in the West Valley from 9 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (March 3) for work zone setup as part of new interchange project. DETOUR: Please use caution in the work zone.
- Northbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) off-ramp and southbound on-ramp at Broadway Road in east Mesa closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Saturday (March 2) for pavement repairs. Eastbound US 60 ramp to northbound Loop 202 narrowed to one lane. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including the Loop 202 ramps at University Drive.
Click here for more on the weekend travel alert.