Improvement projects will shut down parts of I-10, Loop 101 and Loop 202 Santan all weekend, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
If you're planning to travel to State Farm Stadium for Arizona Cardinals Training Camp, there are many alternates you can take, in addition to the detour options mentioned below. You could travel westbound on Thomas Road, then westbound on US-60 (Grand Ave) to Cardinals Way. You could use other surface streets or even Loop 101. Heed the following closure warnings to avoid potential delays in that specific area and across the Valley during the other scheduled restrictions.
Here's ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory (July 26 - 29):
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between 35th and 43rd avenues in west Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for construction of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. All I-17 ramps to westbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue also closed. Westbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes between 43rd and 59th avenues. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Consider detouring ahead of closure and using alternate routes, including westbound and southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Local detour routes include westbound McDowell Road. Note: Drivers on westbound I-10 in the Tucson/Casa Grande region with no plans to stop in Phoenix area can avoid closure by detouring to westbound I-8 in Casa Grande and using northbound SR 85 to I-10 in Buckeye.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Road and State Route 51 in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for freeway widening project. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Seventh Street closed. 56th Street also closed in both directions at Loop 101. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Consider exiting eastbound Loop 101 ahead of the closure and using alternate routes. Eastbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at Cave Creek Road can travel south to eastbound Union Hills Drive and northbound SR 51 to reach Loop 101. Expect heavy traffic and delays. Note: Alternate routes for 56th Street closure at Loop 101 include Tatum Boulevard.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan/South Mountain freeways) closed between Loop 101 in Chandler and 32nd Street in the Ahwatukee area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for overhead sign work. Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramp to westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed. Both I-10 ramps to westbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway/Pecos Road) closed. DETOUR: Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe is alternate freeway route. Drivers on westbound Loop 202 approaching closure can use northbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60 in Tempe to reach westbound I-10 (toward Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport). Consider using Chandler Boulevard in Ahwatukee area while I-10 ramps to westbound Loop 202/Pecos Road are closed.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) on-ramp at Warner Road and off-ramp at Ray Road closedand northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Chandler Boulevard and off-ramp at Ray Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for freeway widening project. Loop 101 also narrowed to three lanes in these areas (right lanes closed). DETOUR: Plan on using adjacent ramps.
- Eastbound Greenway Road closed near I-17 (southbound frontage road to 25th Avenue) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for city of Phoenix utility project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including eastbound Bell or Thunderbird roads..
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!