There are several freeway closures scheduled this weekend (August 23-26) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
I-10, Loop 101, I-17 and Loop 202 South Mountain will have several areas and on-ramps shut down.
Expect delays, and follow the detours below.
ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 51st avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Aug. 26) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange.Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. Expect heavy traffic. DETOUR: Consider exiting eastbound I-10 ahead of the closure and using alternate routes. Local detour routes include eastbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Eastbound I-10 also narrowed to two lanes between 51st and 43rd avenues. Note: Through travelers on eastbound I-10 west of State Route 85 who don’t require a stop in the Phoenix area can avoid this I-10 closure by detouring on southbound SR 85 in Buckeye to eastbound I-8 to reach I-10 in the Casa Grande area.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Scottsdale and Hayden roads in north Scottsdale from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 26) for freeway widening project. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 56th and 64th streets also closed. Expect heavy traffic. DETOUR: Consider exiting eastbound Loop 101 ahead of the closure and using alternate routes. Drivers can use southbound State Route 51 or Tatum Boulevard to eastbound Bell Road/Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard to connect with Loop 101. Note: 16th Street also closed in both directions at Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 26). No through traffic allowed under the Loop 101 bridge. Traffic can use detours along frontage roads.
- Westbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway)/Pecos Road closed between Interstate 10 and 32nd Street in Ahwatukee area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 26) for pavement work.Both I-10 ramps to westbound Loop 202 closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including Chandler Boulevard.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 24) for bridge work as part of interchange improvement project.Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Jomax Road also closed. Expect heavy traffic. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on local roadways. Alternate routes include exiting southbound I-17 to eastbound Jomax Road and using southbound 19th Avenue to westbound Pinnacle Peak or Deer Valley roads to access I-17.
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 25) for bridge work. Northbound I-17 on-ramp at Deer Valley Road also closed. Expect heavy traffic. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on local roadways. Alternate routes include exiting northbound I-17 to eastbound Deer Valley Road and using northbound 19th Avenue to westbound Happy Valley or Jomax roads to access I-17.
- Chandler Boulevard closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 11:45 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 25) for freeway widening project. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Ray or Frye roads. Traffic on Chandler Boulevard can detour on Price frontage roads to reach nearby open cross streets. Note: Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Ray Road closed from 9 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Wednesday (Oct. 9) for reconstruction. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Baseline Road and southbound off-ramp at Price Road closed from 5 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 25). Please use other area ramps.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!