There are several freeway closures scheduled for this weekend, March 13-16, for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT shared that, "schedules are subject to change due to inclement weather." So, keep that and these detours in mind.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between 35th and 67th avenues (west of I-17) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 16) for sign work and lane striping near the Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) interchange. Both I-17 ramps to westbound I-10 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting ahead of the westbound I-10 closure and using alternate routes including westbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Alternate freeway routes include westbound/southbound Loop 101 in the West Valley. Note: Westbound I-10 drivers (including those in Tucson/Casa Grande areas) traveling beyond Phoenix can consider using westbound I-8 to northbound SR 85 to avoid closure.
- Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramp to westbound I-10 closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 16) for I-10 sign work and lane striping. DETOUR: Consider exiting northbound Loop 202 to westbound Van Buren Street and using northbound 67th or 75th avenues to reach I-10.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed at Fairway Drive (east of Dysart Road) in Avondale from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday (March 15) for bridge construction. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Litchfield and Dysart roads closed. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along the new off- and on-ramps at the Fairway Drive interchange. Alternate routes include eastbound Van Buren Street or McDowell Road.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed at Fairway Drive (west of Avondale Boulevard) from 9 p.m. Friday to 9:30 a.m. Saturday (March 14) for bridge construction. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 107th Avenue and Avondale Boulevard closed. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along the new off- and on-ramps at Fairway Drive. Alternate routes include westbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Road and State Route 51 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 16) for widening project. DETOUR: Eastbound Loop 101 traffic exiting to southbound Cave Creek Road can use eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound SR 51 to reach Loop 101. Note: Scottsdale Road closed in both directions at Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 16) for widening project. Alternate routes include Hayden Road.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to two lanes (right lanes closed) between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Kyrene Road in Chandler from 4 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 16) for pavement improvements. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Price Rd and McClintock Drive and westbound off-ramp at Kyrene Road closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound Chandler Boulevard, Ray Road and US 60 (Superstition Freeway). Detour routes to businesses near Kyrene Road south of Loop 202 include Chandler Boulevard to southbound Kyrene Road.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Greenway and Bell roads from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (March 14) for traffic flow sensor installation as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Greenway Road and use northbound Reems Road to westbound Bell Road to reach Loop 303.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Cactus and Waddell roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (March 15) for installation of traffic flow sensors. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Cactus Road and use northbound Sarival Avenue to westbound Waddell Road to reach Loop 303.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!